There are so many websites now that finding cool and unique food choices for dinner or a party is easy to come by. Now, I love cooking and trying new things, but honestly, when it comes to the ease in which I can prep, cook, and clean up, I usually look for my best bet. Several weeks ago, I saw this recipe for pepperoni pizza bites. If you follow this blog, you know that I find muffin pans to be a great tool for many things, including and especially eggs.
The recipe for the pizza bites seemed simple enough, but in all honesty, I just didn’t want to deal with the cleanup of a muffin pan, so I improvised. Just note that you can also replace the pepperoni in this recipe for any other pizza toppings including meatballs, sausage, bacon, or for my vegetarian friends, vegetables. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy my version of Pepperoni Pizza Bites.
Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Pepperoni, sliced
- 8oz. jar Pizza Sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and spray 6×6 pan with non-stick spray.
2. Mix all dry ingredients. Once mixed, slowly add milk and egg and whisk. Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, as well as pepperoni and mix well. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
3. Stir the mixture and pour into pan.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until pizza turns golden brown and puffs up.
5. Let cool and remove entire pizza from pan. Once removed, use pizza cutter for desired size.